The Fifth Element Movie Review





This is a rather lazy review or perhaps a statement on The Fifth Element:




After I recently found a meme of the movie, I took out my DVD, BR and then my 4k disc of Fifth Element for three spins and it does show the beauty of technology, literally...

So anyway, in case anyone hasn't seen it, a hot chick from space hands bald man a bunch of stones to save the world from a jacked up Gary, and an evil black mass, with Jean Paul G showcasing some snazzy outfits and some punchy tunes and even punchier lines.

It has a rather original plot, solid chemistry, acting and comic timing, along with good action and tip top surround. Visually, despite it's age, it's still one of my favorite demo movies, but hey I was already sold on the Superbit DVD I owned..

It made stars of Milla J, did a lot of good for Bruce Willis, reinforced Gary Oldman as an exquisitely versatile actor and Luc as one of the guys from France who could bring it to the world and paved the way for many more collaborations. It also opened my eyes to many more of his movies including the delightful Taxi series which has some of the funniest lines in French cinema, and I even enjoy "Wasabi" which was one outlandish but fun movie with all the signature chatter found in his movies.

The colors in Fifth Element were outlandish, outrageous and fabulous. If you have a flagship TV panel or projector, this movie will open your eyes, dilate your pupils and give you more than two hours of fun. 

It has the same magical combination of action, comedy and a touch of romance that you find in the best combinations such as Indiana Jones. 

I found no pain sitting through the same move thrice on all three discs I owned. I guess you could say I recommend it without reservation.

 
____________________________________________________________



 I have no financial interest or other interests in any of the items / events I write about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEF LS 50 Meta review and comparison with the LS50

Dynaudio Heritage Special Speaker Review

Setting Up A Mesh Network In Your Home - tips and links