2026 BZ4x: Things I like and things I dislike







Things I like
- paddles make regen and also braking very easy
- the flick up for a single wiper action is very easy to use and simple
- the buttons, as a car festooned with buttons, that's a super plus for me
- the real door handles, again old school and very nice
- real power button - now I know some folks like the auto on and off based on the driver presence, but having a button works better for me
- rear digital video mirror
- 360 camera and it comes on automatically in close proximity
- kick auto boot opening and closing
- wireless charging pads And USB 60W wired charging available
- memory seats with rear view mirror memory
- sunroof - family favorite
- solid built and many reinforced areas 
- good front view out
- rear windows go all the way down
- horn works when the engine is turned off
- solid ground clearance of 212mm, great for small floods
- wading depth of 500mm
- well protected armored battery area, will take a solid hit
- ten year battery warranty - in Japan it covers one million km, here it’s 200000 km









Things I dislike
- only two memory settings and only for the driver seat
- odd cluster display, works ok for me, but you gotta prop up the seat to clear the steering wheel - doesn't happen in the Lexus version
- no app for remote operation
- not enough storage, eg sunglasses, no glove compartment, no underseat storage
- rear bench is too low and you can't tuck your feet under the front seat
- no V2L function 
- in built GPS outdated and no EV charging points function
- too many beeps and bongs for everything
- huge 20" rims - look nice but costly to replace the tires and it affects the range negatively
- doors more thinny then conti cars
- hard wearing plastics will last, but won't impress those who have just sat in a Chinese with their plush interiors (which may be less durable, but more impressive in a showroom)
- sombre dark interior due to black colour










** I have no financial interest or other interests in any of the items / events I write about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEF LS 50 Meta review and comparison with the LS50

Tips on choosing a fan and the Haiku Fan

Monitor Audio Bronze 100 review - first impressions