Good sound, great living - my Home Theatre den and home - part I



My renovation journey

 

This is a write up of my renovation, which should end by the third week of November if all goes all.

 

I recently took back my tiny "mickey mouse" place, which has two bedrooms and a study.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x244/petetherock/Vizmeasurements.jpg

 

It's a place of modest proportions, with only 925sq feet, two bedrooms, a small study and an oversized balcony.

 

So I decided since it was returned empty, and I am a Hi Fi aficionado, why not do it up, with an emphasis on my home theater?

 

So the job specs were:

 

In short-

Provide lighting for the living

Get a feature wall with cabinet storage for discs

A console solid enough for placing my amps and a centre speaker on top

Bookcases, assorted furniture for the living, dining and study area.

 

But the key "hi fi" related features are:

Acoustics:

Rock wool filled feature wall

With special imported Swiss wood panel behind the speakers (more on this later)

Rock wool filled Cove lights

Treated ceiling with acoustic boards

 

So I did the initial search and posted my needs on a local hi fi forum, and I got a few very nice people, who were acoustic and renovation professionals, and they came round to offer some tips and even recommended a few contractors.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEF LS 50 Meta review and comparison with the LS50

Dynaudio Heritage Special Speaker Review

Setting Up A Mesh Network In Your Home - tips and links